The vision for the project was developed by the proprietors and sponsors, Andrew and Caroline Hunter. The aim is to create a model environment through sustainable use of the land and buildings, adding value in the community, enhancing knowledge and understanding, promoting well-being, and leaving a legacy for the next generation.
Key elements of the project include:
- Supporting wildlife – new woodland, hedgerows, pond, and beehives
- Creating sustainable food and beverage resources – including a new orchard and nut trees.
- Encouraging local food and healthy eating
- Providing a resource for horticultural therapy and skill sharing
- Supporting sustainable livelihoods and rural enterprise
- Supporting a shift to low carbon buildings
- Using renewable energy and sustainable water systems
- Providing a hub for local activity, bringing skills, learning, information, resources and positive change into people’s lives
If you would like to find out how you can become involved with the project, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.